27.10.08

finished at last

Well, I've finally finished the top I started in the summer - actually, considering I pulled a whole side out and re-knitted it, it hasn't really taken me all that long! I've not worn it yet but I think it's turned out quite well. It's a Rowan pattern by Martin Storey but I knitted it in Debbie Bliss Cathay yarn from the John Lewis sale. It's incredibly heavy and as it's knitted in moss stitch it's distinctly like chain mail. The family joke is that I need to get started on the armour to wear over it - is this a good thing I ask myself? Mmmmm.... V

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny boys eh!!??
looks really really nice - well done!

Chloe said...

It looks lovely. Anyway heavy is warm - perfect for our trip to Yorkshire - looking forward to seeing it. What those Scottish boys of yours don't realise that chain mail can come in pretty handy in the Dales!